Stop press: 20% price reduction as VAT no longer chargeable.
Join us for The how to: Academy’s annual May retreat in Andalucia, the birthplace of Velasquez and Picasso, of Segovia – the father of modern classical guitar – and of the poet Lorca.
Sultry nights and expansive days of light and air where conversation flows as easily as the crisp local wines…It could only be the How to Academy retreat. We’re preparing our third annual trip to the wondrous Trasierra, a 16th century fortified house-turned-hotel, an hour north of Seville.
Nestled amongst 3,000 acres of the UNESCO world heritage Sierra Morena mountains, Trasierra is the life’s work of Charlotte Scott. It’s the type of place that celebrates simplicity, where there’s an understanding that the greatest luxury of all is good conversation and stimulating company.
From Thursday 11th to Sunday 14th May 2017 , we’ll be taking over Trasierra.
Join us for:
- Inspired talks on Spanish architecture, drama and history
- Open-air films by Carlos Saura and Victor Erice
- Dinner in olive groves
- Haunting Andalucian music
- Walks through the woodlands and wild flowers of the Sierra Morena mountains
- Yoga and massage optional
- Late nights with new-found friends
Return and Excursion
On Sunday morning there is an optional visit to Sevilla, where we will visit the Casa Salinas, a magnificent private mansion built in the 16th century, when Sevilla was one of the most important cities in Europe, blending Renaissance with Gothic and Mudejar styles. Situated in the old town, the Casa Salinas is close to the cathedral, the Alcazar royal palace and the ‘Archivo de Indias’ (the museum of Spanish Empire). We will be shown around the house by the Salinas family.
On Sunday most guests will take the late BA flight. You can choose either to stay at Trasierra and we will arrange for a car to take you to the airport or join the guided tour of Casa Salinas and the other main sights including lunching in a fabulous tapas bar. This will leave Trasierra around 11.30am and then in the early evening take you to the airport.
Cost and Booking
The weekend will run from Thursday at 6pm. The Earlybird cost of the weekend is £899 per person. This is inclusive of food, soft drinks, wine, yoga classes and the tour of Seville and is based on double occupancy. The only chargeable extras are airport transfers. From 31/01/17 the standard cost of the weekend will be £899 per person plus 20% VAT.
Limited single occupancy is available at a cost of £1250. This is available till 31/01/17. Thereafter it will remain at £1250 but we will have to add 20% VAT.
If you would like to stay for an extra night on the Sunday the cost is £125 per person.
Getting to Trasierra
- By Air: your destination is Seville. There are two flights a day with RyanAir and EasyJet. Iberia and British Airways fly via Madrid.
- By Train: there is a high speed train which takes 2.5 hours from Madrid (Atocha) to Seville (Santa Justa).
Trains leave on the hour, every hour and are an excellent way to travel and see Spain.
We can arrange for a local taxi to collect you from either the airport of Santa Justa station.
- By car: at Seville airport, you can rent a car. Alternatively, the Trasiera chauffeur can collect you from anywhere-prices start at 100 Euros for collection from the airport – please let us know a day in advance. This can easily be arranged.